Holi in India is celebrated as the festival of color and togetherness. People come together to celebrate in huge numbers across the country. It is an unspoken tradition in the country to celebrate in White, as a symbol of peace, content and brotherhood.
Most prominent highlights of the festival include gulaal, gujia and bhang. Though there is no formal attire attributed to the festival, you will see masses opting for White, right from major Fashion icons, Bollywood actors and actresses. So much so, that one might call it a part of tradition more than a trend. If you are looking for what to sport this Holi season, we have got your back!
Here are some outfit ideas to make sure you put your best foot forward in White this Holi season:
- If you can’t imagine stepping out without your denims, we have just the right pick for you! Sport one of our short Embroidered Chikankari Top from Shyamal Chikan in white with your favorite hot-pants, capris or mom jeans and you’ll be on your way in no time! Sport some keds or running shoes and get playing and dancing!
- If you have any formal events to attend to celebrate the festival of colors, like an holi party at your boss’s or a get-together with your colleagues, your one-stop-shop should be an effortless white viscose suit with minimal white Lucknowi Chikankari work. An easy choice that you can never go wrong with, this easy to find and carry ensemble has been a timeless pick for many fashion icons over the years.
- If you are a fan of layering your outfits, we have some ideas for you! Upcycle your plain kurtas with an embroidered Chikankari duppatta to add just the right amount of flare while you’re out celebrating. A stole or a duppatta adds the right amount of formal and drama to your outfit without hurting your wallets.
- If you cannot decide between stepping out with desi vibes or a trendy western vibe, this outfit inspiration will save your day! A simple White Chikankari Kurta paired with any pair of is the best all-day outfit while you enjoy with your family and friends. It will help protect your skin and make your look effortlessly chic!
- Nothing looks as elegant as a White Cotton Saree at any Indian festival! If you have to attend a formal gathering to get the festivities going, opt in for a White Chikankari Saree with causal slip-proof footwear and be on your way in no time.